Thank you for visiting our site. However, we have closed for business and will no longer be selling or supporting BioPop products, nor taking any additional orders. We will honor any active gift coupons if redeemed by March 31, 2018. If you would like to get a DinoFood equivalent to feed your DinoPet or DinoSphere, please search for dinoflagellates and filtered sea water options available for sale on internet sites such as Amazon and Google.
We have enjoyed being able to bring to people interactive and living products that inspire connectivity with the natural world and hope that an appreciation for biological science continues to awaken the imagination in minds of all generations.
An ocean of thanks for sharing BioPop and bioluminescence with your audience! To schedule an interview or gain additional information, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our full name is Biological & Popular Culture, Inc., but we prefer BioPop!
- We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Intrexon Corporation.
- Dinoflagellates are phytoplankton – a type of marine algae.
- “Dino” comes from a shortened named for dinoflagellates – the bioluminescent algae in our products!
- We farm our own cultures of dinoflagellates at our facility in San Diego.
- The dinoflagellates absorb light during the day and produce natural light at night.
- Dinoflagellates only produce natural light while they are in motion during their nighttime phase.
- The DinoPet is an apatosaurus shaped micro-aquarium filled with thousands of dinoflagellates.
- Bioluminescence occurs naturally all over the world. Some of the well-known places include Mosquito Bay on the Island of Vieques, Puerto Rico, San Juan Island in Washington, Gippsland Lakes in Victoria, Australia, and Bioluminescent Bay in Fajardo, Puerto Rico.
If you aren’t sure about a fact, please feel free to reach out to us!
IMAGES AND VIDEOS:
For image or video files, please send an email to email@example.com. A collection of available videos can be found on our Vimeo page.
SAMPLES OF PREVIOUS BIOPOP FEATURES: